Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
“The Sleeve” to help you achieve your weight loss goals.
What is sleeve gastrectomy?
In a Sleeve, a tube is passed through the stomach along the inside curve. The tube is used to map out the tube or “sleeve” of stomach that will remain. The rest of the stomach is cut off and thrown away. Patients typically stay in an aftercare suite or hospital for 1-2 nights.
Possible results may include:
- Weight loss
- Improvement in obesity related diseases
- No rearrangement of intestinal tract
- No use of a permanent artificial device
- Stomach leaks at staple line
- Bleeding at staple line
- Difficult or painful swallowing
- Sleeve may get bigger
- Stomach blockage
- Possible nutritional deficiencies related to discarded stomach
- Unsatisfactory weight loss
- Weight regain
Reserve your free consultation for more information about the benefits, alternatives, and risks of weight loss surgery:
Email us at info@DrWaldrep.com or Call us at 805.230.0030